New Dynamics 365 Field Service Mobile App Released
Microsoft has released the new Dynamics 365 Field Service Mobile App for general availability.
This new mobile application was developed by Microsoft and is built on the Microsoft Power Platform as opposed to the previous version built by Resco.
The legacy Field Service mobile app will be reaching end of life by June 2022
By June 2021, new deployments must use the Field Service (Dynamics 365) mobile app
The legacy Field Service Mobile app will be retired June 2022.
Top Features of the New Mobile Application
- Purpose-built with field technician in mind
- Available for iOS 13+ and Android 8+
- Works on Phones & Tablets
- Modern and intuitive interface
- Robust offline support
- Full customizable model-driven Power Apps app with business logic reuse across web and mobile
- Deep end to end D365 and Power Platform integration
- Robust Offline with advanced data filters
- Intune support
- Real-time location sharing and auditing
- Push notifications
- Calendar views for scheduled bookings
- Combined booking and work order form
- One-click navigation to customer location
- Quick note taking
- Reporting with client signature
- Scan to find or populate field
- IoT alerts and insights
- Remote Assist integration
- Time Entry
A look at the new Features
Stay Productive with robust offline support
- Offline first app for great experience and consistent data access irrespective of the network connectivity
- Automatic data refresh every 5 minutes in the background on a user’s device
- Data changes immediately synced to the server without any user action
- Option to manually sync data on demand from the device
- Simple, guided offline data configuration experience with advanced options such as filter data based on lookup or related entities
- Customizable data sync intervals for high performance
Intuitive bookings calendar view
Views to help technicians plan their day
- View by Agenda, Day, or Grid
- Defaults to Agenda
- Shows key info for each appointment including who, what, where, when, and the booking status
Easy access to relevant information
The redesigned booking form combines important info from Booking and Work Order
- Organized for discoverability
- General info about booking start and end time
- Customer info
- Service tasks and products
- Notes to quickly record service summary
Scan codes to identify assets
Use mobile camera to scan barcode, UPC, and QR codes to
- Quickly populate UPC and barcodes fields
- Scan, search, and find products and assets
Capture Notes & Signatures
Quickly capture Field Service notes to share and reference
- Use voice to text for quick comments
- Include photos, videos, and audio in your notes
- Collect customer signature
Navigate to Service Location
For each service location
- Integrated map view
- One-click directions
- Includes functional location
- Condensed address field
- Recommendations for quick edit
Stay up to date with Push Notifications
Deliver unintrusive notifications directly to the technician’s device.
- Out of the box notification for new bookings and reminders to set status.
- Create custom Push Notifications for your unique business scenarios.
- Notifications lead directly to relevant record view in the app.
Efficient workforce planning with technician tracking
Track Technicians location using device GPS
- Provides back office real-time visibility into technician workforce location.
- Use location data to understand where time is being spent and better optimize your workforce.
- Leverage location data with geofencing to enable unique scenarios.