Kanban Boards in Dynamics 365
Need support for your Dynamics 365 system?
LevelUP for Dynamics 365 is a full support & managed service for a fixed monthly cost.
A kanban board is a tool to help visualize work items like sales opportunities, cases, and projects. It also allows end users to easily drag and drop work items into the different status or stages vs opening records and changing fields.
For example, in the below screenshot the kanban board for sales opportunities allows the sales team to easily drag opportunities into the different stages of their sales cycle:
How to add kanban boards in Dynamics 365
Kanban boards in Dynamics 365 can be added to:
- Sales Opportunities
Add the kanban control to any of the above entities
- Log into Dynamics 365 (Sales or Customer Service Apps)
- Click on the gear icon at the top right
- Click on Advanced Settings
The Business Management settings page opens in a new browser tab.
On the navigation bar, select Settings and then under Customization, select Customizations.
Select Customize the System.
Under Components in the solution explorer, expand Entities and then select Activity, Opportunity or Case
Go to the Controls tab and select Add Control.
5. In the Add Control dialog box, select Kanban and then select Add.
7. The Read-only grid is the default option, so when users go to the entity (in our example – Opportunities), they see a read-only grid of opportunities (the default view you are likely used to). To view the Kanban board, users will click on the Show As dropdown on the top toolbar then click on Kanban.
To make the Kanban view the default view instead, select the radio button for Web on the Kanban control:
Select the Kanban board view:
About Strava Technology Group
Sträva is a top national Microsoft partner headquartered in Marlton, NJ with one mission – to help businesses achieve success in adoption of Microsoft CRM solutions (Dynamics 365 & Power-CRM).
We can help in any phase of your CRM initiative from assisting in evaluation of Dynamics 365 or Power-CRM, planning your implementation, building & deploying your solution as well as supporting & managing your solution after go-live.
Need support for your Dynamics 365 system? LevelUP for Dynamics 365 is a full support & managed service for a fixed monthly cost. Learn More